Deal with Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce discount. A leftover half-loaf of brioche can yield the most rich, yet easy bread pudding, taken over the top with homemade salted caramel sauce. Salted Caramel Bread Pudding is a decadent dessert made with brioche or challah bread, half-n-half, eggs, butter, and brown sugar topped with a silky smooth salted caramel sauce. Bring on all the salted caramel!
Bake hearty bread cubes in a vanilla custard, then finish it by drizzling a rich, caramel sauce over the top. I first made this bread pudding recipe for Thanksgiving, the one day of the year when everyone has. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. You make ready boiling percolate Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce practicing 11 method than 5 together with. Here you go reach.
ingredients of Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- use 1 loaf of Brioche Bread (about 8 cups when cubed).
- a little 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- add 5 of eggs.
- use 2 cups of milk.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- then 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- also of Caramel Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of half and half (or 2T cream/2T milk).
- then 2 tbs of butter.
- also 1/8 tsp of salt.
Remove cake pan from roasting pan. Made with brioche, topped with seasonal fruit and a light caramel sauce, it's hard to beat Tartine's bread pudding. I imagine apples warmed in caramel sauce will make a lovely topping for this most delicious bread pudding. Just some quick notes here about the recipe Sauce-- In a saucepot over med. heat, melt the butter, and brown sugar.
Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce individually
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with butter, or spray with nonstick spray. My dish measures about 8x11 or so. (9x13 is too big for this in my opinion). Arrange bread cubes in baking dish to fit snug together and as evenly layered as possible..
- Wisk together sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until well combined. Pour evenly over bread in baking dish. Using the back of a spatula gently press bread down into liquid. Let sit 15-20 minutes for bread to soak up a good amount of the liquid. Press down gently once more (do not "squish")..
- Place in oven. Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes, or until just set in the center and top is golden (mine was 50 minutes). If edges start to brown too much you can loosely cover them with foil, but do not cover the dish completely (you'll get a soggy top)..
- While baking, make your caramel sauce. In a small sauce pan over medium heat wisk together brown sugar and half & half. When it starts to steam wisk in butter until melted. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, wisking constantly so not to burn. You are looking for it to thicken slightly and turn a nice "caramel" color (it will thicken even more as it cools). Remove from heat and set aside..
- When bread pudding is finished remove from oven. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting to serve hot. Or let cool completely then cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate overnight and serve cold. This is how we like it, and frankly I find it tastes best this way!.
Bring to a boil, and remove from the heat. Whisk in the salt, vanilla, and milk. The sauce can be made ahead, then warmed in the microwave-- Cut cooled pudding into squares, and top each with hot sauce. Bread pudding is one of my favorite desserts. Most recipes call for a soft white bread: brioche, challah, or even croissants.