Best savings for Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake overstock.
You can toasting coddle Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake adopting 24 technique furthermore 5 than. Here is how you do one proud.
compound of Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake
- This of Preferment.
- You need 1/2 cup (120 ml) of warm milk.
- use 4 g of instant dry yeast.
- give 1 tsp of sugar.
- add 2 tsp of bread flour.
- use of 💕For The Dough.
- give 4 cups (440 g) of bread flour.
- then 1/4 tsp of salt.
- use 50 g of sugar.
- a little 120 ml of milk.
- a little 3 of eggs.
- add of Zest of an orange.
- You need 15 ml of vanilla extract.
- add 1 tsp of orange blossom water.
- also 60 g of soft unsalted butter.
- You need of 💕Fillings.
- a little 2 cups of Pearl sugar (I used 80g).
- then 150 g of dried apricots.
- This 1/2 cups of dried cranberries (soaked with 50ml Rum or orange).
- add of 💕For the decoration.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- then 30 ml of milk.
- You need 30 g of almond flakes.
- add 30 g of pearl sugar.
Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake program
- In a smaller bowl, Stir the yeast into the lukewarm milk & flour. Cover & let it double in size. (1).
- For the dough: In a standing mixing bowl with a dough hook, add flour, sugar, salt & (1), milk, eggs. Mix for about 10 minutes until the dough becomes fluffy. Meanwhile put orange zest, vanilla, butter and knead well until the dough is smooth & elastic. To enhance orange flavor, add a tsp of orange blossom water. Place the dough in a bowl, cover and leave in a moderately warm place to double in size..
- Turn the dough out onto a surface and knead for 3-4 minutes. Flour the surface and roll the dough out to about 60 cm x 12 cm (24"x 5"). Sprinkle sugar, dried apricots, cranberries. Roll the dough very carefully. With a knife, cut the dough in half. Put one side over & over & make like a braid..
- Transfer the dough into a greased pan. Let the dough rest about 30 minutes then brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle pearl sugar on top of it..
- Preheat the oven at 170oC. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25-30 minutes – check after 15 minutes and cover with aluminum foil if the top gets too dark. The roscón should get a nice golden color on top. Take out of the oven and let cool down completely. Best served warm..